View Single Post
daycare 07:11 AM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Call me jaded but that bolded statement bothers me.

He's 2...how many other provider's has she experienced and had that type of problem with?

It just seems like something someone would say because they are trying to blame daycare. Also since she is going through a divorce with DCD, it comes across as she is setting the stage for something.

I definitely hope I am wrong. It's not a very nice thing to assume but as a provider I despise being accused of something like that by a parent that IF truly having trust issues in regards to providers not being transparent about injuries, you'd think her behavior both at pick up and drop off would demonstrate that.

Does she question every little red spot, scratch and mark on his body when picking up? or does she show you those things at drop off? Those types of behaviors come from parents that have trust issues or have had bad experiences with a provider not being forthcoming about injuries.

IMHO, if the statement about the topic being a problem for her seems to be out of the blue, then I think something else is brewing here...
BC when I read that, that was my first thought as well. A lot seems to be going on with what this mother has told you.

Kid bumped head, split lip, parents are getting a divorce...etc etc etc. If dad picked him up, dad would have seen it. So why didn't she ask dad why he didn't say anything to you??

I would proceed with caution with this family. from now on, when kid comes in do a full body check, do the same going out and do it in front of the parents. Don't let them leave until you have done it. I made a family do this with me after they said their kid got a bruise on his stomach from my house. After about two weeks of it the parents asked me to drop it and that they didn't feel it was necessary. I had to put the family in check, they are still here. No my favorite family, but they have learned my personality and styles and I think a lot of it was them being new and trust.

Maybe tell the mom, sorry you had trust issues with your last DCP, but if you can't trust me to do my job, I can't provide services.