View Single Post
CityGarden 08:09 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
And yeah, only have 1 good family out of 4 it seems.... lol. Oh the joys of being new....
Trix23 it does seem you have your hands full with your current families, I suggest you really self-care this weekend and try to go into next week rested and centered. If you don't exercise start! I am not suggesting this to be snarky, I am serious! This job is hard and I just started back exercising after having not and it made my ability as a provider, teacher and business owner better. Also you are/were working very long days until 8pm some days if I recall correctly..... that is a very long and taxing day.

I too am a brand new provider, right now I have 5 families plus a family member I helped out for a bit - with the exception of doing business with family which was short-term to begin with, all of my families have been "good" families. Maybe start a thread to brainstorm either 1) your enrollment process and offerings to attract quality families and 2) your policies and procedures which will allow for some dialogue in advance to avoid "issues" prior to them taking place.

I think part of the reason I have quality families is that I found this board prior to opening and have been very purposeful with each step. I also feel my offerings, cost and handbook have helped set the tone as well and when I am caught off guard (and need to come here for guidance) I have gotten better at saying "let me think about that and get back to you" then coming here for input or having a quiet moment to reflect prior to responding.