View Single Post
momof3 05:43 AM 09-23-2009
i am so sorry for your loss. I know in the state of Maryland, providers are required to take a mandatory SIDS class. There are to be NO blankets, bumpers, stuffed animals, or anything else in the crib or pack n play with any infants. However, I know of several providers that give these to babies anyway. There was a SIDS case just recently at a daycare center for Citicorp. I do believe that they are not allowed to leave the infant room, but it occured anyway. From my sids class, I learned that an infant is more likely to succumb to sids within the first week of entering a daycare. And sids occurs more frequently in daycare settings than at home. I know of a provider who also had a SIDS death in her care, and to be honest with you, licensing did NOTHING. They didn't even show up to her home until 2 weeks after the incident. Not only that, after she called licensing to tell them the ambulance took the baby away (he was still alive at this time, with CPR), they never called back to check on the outcome. The provider called them to tell them he passed. If you are uncomfortable with the lack of response, my advice is to make sure this is being looked into. Did this happen soon after vaccinations? I strongly believe that a majority of sids cases occur after the 5 month vaccinations (just personal opinion from cases in this state, I've read about) Please keep us informed. Was she your only child? My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and I hope you can eventually find some peace knowing you will be with her again someday.