View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I think this is going to get way worse even with the best policies in place because of screen addiction for both parents and children. Babies, toddlers, and preschool kids are now given screens and parents are addicted. The more a parent is screen addicted and allows their kids on screens so they can be on screens causes such unhappiness in the parent when they have to interact and care for their child. Kids are way boring compared to the internet. I think it causes such a depression and detoxing when parents can't be on their devices and they have to interact with their kid. We now have a lot of parents who spend their time with their kid with everyone on devices. It's WAY WAY WAY worse than the kids that were parked in front of tv back in the day. The parent wants the care and the supervision of the child to be as easy as being on the internet. If the child makes that impossible they shun their child as much as they can which includes leaving them in the care for as much as possible.

I haven't read anything truer than this in a very long time. Kids and adults alike, are so tuned into being connected and I've never seen anything like it. It's all being used to feed people's egos and as an escape. People can't wait to see who said what to them on FB or snap a selfie and post it. It takes work, effort, commitment, PERSONAL INVOLVEMENT, LOVE and CARING to be involved with raising a family.

I read something about Apple stockholders pushing Apple to research and see what they can change to discourage the addiction kids have with devices. I'm sorry but why is that their responsibility??? It's the same thing as expecting tv to change what they offer; if you don't like it, change the da%# channel or here's a better idea, shut it off completely and grab a life with your family! Again, parenting needs to be more fully involved. Other people cannot be held responsible anymore. Why are parents not being held accountable for anything these days? Everyone else is expected to take up the slack??