Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
jen 03:05 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
Drama with one daycare family whom I always set a poor precedent with. I let them pay late. Payment due on Monday, I've not gotten it earlier than Wednesday a handful of times. Daycare is dad's child support.

I need the money today. I am struggling so much and barely living paycheck to paycheck. I texted her I needed paid today and ended up getting a bunch of drama. She kept saying, "I'll pay you tomorrow" and "I'll TRY to get it tonight" I said no, I need it tonight. Finally said, "look we need diapers and food tonight. It sucks that I live paycheck to paycheck but I do" God, how humiliating. Dad called me directly and is supposedly paying me tomorrow for two weeks and will "make sure I have it on time from now on". He was sweet as pie and reasonable even though I am still not getting my money tonight.

She arrived for pick up and said he said they'll just look for another sitter if it's that big of a deal and if I'm living paycheck to paycheck. What a kick in the teeth for charging them next to nothing!!!! So now I don't know who to believe and have to brace for getting fired. He's firing me because I want to be paid? um.....

She then goes on to say that dcb, 3.5 is going to be "taking medicine now" and that she "could not deal with him this weekend" I adore this boy. He is starved for attention and I work with him a lot. I do not want him to be medicated.

THEN I get a call that my other new dcb who hasn't been here in three days dad is getting laid off and sorry for the short notice but doesn't need daycare.

I know I did this to myself and I am planning night and day to get my program to be what I want and fix the mistakes I've made so far. It's a little difficult to improve the business with no income!

After the walk from hell this morning, I am so frazzled. I just want to cry right now.
Hugs! That whole thing just sucks. Here is to getting better clients, who pay on time so you won't have to live paycheck to paycheck!!!