View Single Post
Brooksie 11:38 AM 11-13-2012
My policy states:

Sick Child:: Maryland law prohibits me from caring for sick children. Therefore, you may NOT bring your sick child to my Home for care. If you give your Child medication to reduce a fever or mask symptoms of illness and bring the sick Child to my Home without telling me about the medication, you will be violating this Agreement, and I will have the right to terminate it immediately. If your child becomes sick while in my care, I will call you, and you must pick up your child promptly. I will keep your sick Child separated from the other children in my care until you arrive. After any illness, your Child must be free of all symptoms (not just fever and vomiting) for at least twenty-four (24) hours before returning to my Home. After a serious illness, your Child will be allowed to return to my Home only with written permission from the Childs’ physician. It is your responsibility to find alternate care for your sick Child and to notify me when your sick Child will not be present in my Home on a scheduled Child Care Day. Please inform me of any contagious illness so I may alert the parents of other children exposed to you Child. The definition of a sick child for the purpose of this Agreement shall be a child who has a fever (100 degrees F. or above), vomiting, diarrhea, a runny nose with thick, discolored discharge, a rash of unknown cause, severe pain, extreme listlessness or other dramatic personality change indicating the child is not well, or any other symptom of acute illness, serious transmissible infection or communicable disease.
Your Child should be able to participate in the normal activities of the day. When having to care for sick children, it keeps me from providing quality care to the other children in my Child Care Home. Therefore, you will have one (1) hour to pick up your sick child/ren.
INT_____