Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
284878 12:25 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have a 17 month old in care from 7am to 5pm. Mom does not work. Kid is in bed at 6:30pm every night. Two weeks ago she had grandma pick up on Friday as she went away for the weekend with her hubby. They got back Sunday night and she told me “it was the first time we have been away since we became parents”....like she was mother of the year Do you think she kept her kid home on Monday to reconnect with her or because she missed her? Nope.
My baby is 17 months old. I am home to tuck him and get him up every day. I may go to an appt or store without my kids but I see them every day.

DCM just got her long waited for foster boys in July. Got out of work early and to go home and shower then comes and picks up the boys. Comments that she is going to have girl time that night with a friend. That she is overdue. The boys spend time in respite once a month (stays with another foster family for the weekend), plus have had overnights at her mil and mom. And she is overdue for a night out.

I know fostering is hard, I did it as a stay at home mom of four foster kids and had to use respite every 2/3 months. Respite is hard on the kids, they are always so much better behaved when you do not send them away.

FYI - girl time to me means, spending time with just me and my dd, which I did that night. I poured so much love into my dd that night because we spent time together outside of the home.

rant over