View Single Post
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 04:40 PM 04-08-2017
Still new to this, but I have them online. One of my first questions when I'm contacted is "Were you able to look over the handbook?". I ask this before anything else and if they haven't I direct them to it, or offer to email it to them. ("Please take a moment to look over the handbook. It will give you an idea of what to expect and what my expectations are. If you're still interested please get back with me and we'll set up an interview".) I think this has netted me fewer interviews, but I feel like the ones that follow through know what they're getting into are actually interested rather than just browsing.

My worst interview so far was the ONE time I did not do this beforehand, and they showed up expecting something completely different than what I was willing offer (picking and choosing days, late evening hours on last minute notice, etc...).

Then I go over the highlights during the interview, and touch on any areas that I feel need reiterating for that particular family. So far its netted me some awesome families and only one awful interview.