View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:06 AM 03-15-2011
Strengths: I have a good strong backbone and am not afraid to use my voice. I put everything in verbal AND written form. I am bossy and have a tendancy to never settle. I am also great at researching anything...if it is out there; I WILL find it. I am a critical thinker and see every viewpoint from every angle (something that drives my DH batty!)

This helps me in my job as a provider because I can communicate well with my dc parents. Even when I do not agree with them, I can be empathetic and understanding all the while helping them to understand that this is my job and I will not do what works for one at the expense of others.

Weaknesses: Infants. I do not really enjoy them much. I admire those of you who only take the babies (Catherder) because I could NEVER do it...It took me a while to realize that just because I prefer one age over another that it does mean I am not a bad provider. Because of that epiphany, I acted on it and do not take littles under a certain age.

Knowing my weakness helps me in my job because every child deserves the best and if I am not the one to give it, I can contribute to them getting the best by admitting I am not the one.