View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 09:08 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I've had those phone calls too, "do you take subsidy" are the first thing out of their mouths. On one hand I know I'm not going to waste my time with them, but on the other its like they don't care where they dump their children as long as they don't have to pay my rate.
Not necessarily. If a parent is on subsidy and cannot afford a daycare that is not subsidized then it is indeed in their best interest to ask that question first before wasting their time or yours. How do you know their next question wouldn't have been "what sorts of meals do you serve?", "do you have a clear criminal background check?", "what kind of training do you have?", etc???

My first question to all potential clients is what hours they need me? I don't ask how old the child is, the name of the child or anything having to do with the child or family... until I know what time the child will be picked up. Why waste time asking/answering a bunch of uneccesary questions if I don't even know a potential client's schedule will work with mine? Same deal.

I put in my ads/website/etc that I am not subsidized which has helped with that particular inquiry, I recommend you do the same