View Single Post
Bentofish 12:06 PM 07-20-2019
I have been a Nanny in the Past and was wondering does anyone know about Arkansas Liscensing?

We are a Christian Home with 2 large unused rooms set up with tons of toys for our two girls, 6 months and 5 years [In School]

See I want to offer rates lower than Liscensed daycares usually require or force on us. To help a couple struggling families that cannot get approved for standard daycare aide. "We fall into the same catagory" but may have debt, student loans, high tax brackets and very close cut offs. My working partner makes 10.00 too much for us to qualify for childcare ourselves. Leaving me stuck at home as a freelance artist.

-I have medical and CPR training from Past Nursing Faclility Jobs,
-I am a Self Taught Professional Artist who can Teach free art lessons
-We eat and if on rare occassion babysit once in a blue moon Non GMO healthy Quality Food.
-I want to offer a very low cost service to no more than 2 famlies and no more than 5 kids counting my own. If this is possible.

We just need to earn a small amount to help while helping others. If I am a liscensed provider will I be forced to take min wage? Which would that be 10/child? Which many famlies with 2 or more children here are struggling to pay. I know we can't afford that for both our children and I still make a working wage anywhere enough to have anything left after child care. I want to help a couple or two stuck in the same "Bottom of the Middle Class" tax bracket boat. Where you make just a speck too much to get any help but not enough to afford the basics of life.

I have been a nanny for 1 year, Nursing Home Care Provider and Special needs facility worker for 3-5 years, [3 standard Hospice care, 2 years Lockdown Mental Health Unit] and former wife of a Liscensed Practical Nurse, Also was a Postal worker for 2+ years with full background checks. As a nursing home worker I had CPR Training.

Self Taught Nutrition Training, Art, Sculpture, Graphics, PC Repair-Have Tutored, 3 Years College no Degree, ect.. I could offer very high quality care. I just don't want to seek liscensing if possible due to "Forced" minimum Pay? Possible? As I am not greedy and wanted to accept half the standard rate 5.00/hr here rather than 10.00 so some poor minimum lv middle class couple out there could still earn some living wage. This would allow some other mom to work and pay for care, yet still contribute to her family.

If you can't get the child care credit. Like my sister who works for a bank in a nearby town... Shes too far away but for example.

She has 2 kids...One has a premium cost care. Her care is nearly 1500+ a month and she makes 12/hour. Now that she had her 2nd baby. So her income is 300-400 a month take home. If not less and she can't afford to not work.

So she pays someone "More" than she makes to raise her kids instead of her but for a small trickle of her income she must work as they can't afford any less.

So many of us are stuck there in the vicegrip. I want to know the arkansas laws so I can maybe offer a reduced rate as a private in home sitter and maybe take some financial stress off some family that is having difficulty.

I have records of Background Checks from the Postal Service 2 years ago, and Nanny work 1 year ago. So not all people who want to be private daycare are deadbeats. Our Home is Rent to Own we are buying and the distance to the next neighbor is 3-4 houses away space wise on Both Sides. We have Plenty of Parking. And Permission from our landlords who rto to Put up a fence and they do not care if we offer private babysitting. I just can't seem to find out how many if any and if private babysitting is even allowed at all.

Currently Im stuck doing odd jobs because of my partners odd scheduling and only have a very tiny income from handcrafted hair bows, reselling vintage toys from yardsales, and or ocassional art commissions. Local economy is bad so on average I get to set up a booth 2 times a month, get maybe 1-2 commissions a month on a good one, and make most of my money which isn't much by chance from buying and flipping old toys on ebay. I cannot afford child care for my own children and am looking for some sort of employment solution to have some kind of consisitant "low is fine" income as we arent greedy and don't need alot. But just enough to occassionally do something or put up an emergency fund for auto repair ect... would be amazing. And it would make life far less stressful.

My happy christian Children would also Love to have kids around more often. Does anyone know if its possible in my state for 5 or less kids from 2 families? What we have been considering offering. And would take applications if its legal for a private daycare for someone in need in that time slot.

We are like I said looking to help 1-2 famlies in the very same boat. Who can't make ends meet because child care consumes "All" of the 2nd famlily members income. Leaving the mom either stuck at home in dispair wanting to help. The Man needing to quit a good paying job so childcare aid can be obtained and the woman be able to work...and hoping that both parents make more together than the one did with the good job that pushed just over that horrible tax bracket but not far enough to have a good life and be able to adjust for car repairs or unexpected expenses, or ever have a vacation for the kids, or other basic luxuries[Essential to Most] any family would like ...like an emergency fund XD... We can afford our very basics, good enough food, ect... Just nothing in case anything else goes wrong.

We are also open to any other work at home solutions. I am a great teacher but no degree 2.5 years in a teaching program. So I think we could offer very good child care. Im just currently stuck. Unless my partner quits or changes jobs. I can't go back to school [Schedule issues][get a good job opposite him-American Rail Takes up a chunk of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift] [-Stuck

Switching jobs on his part is very risky for us. However/ with the brutal tax bracket his job got us into- and terrible company scheduling, I am at a loss for what to do. Stuck at home.

I can work fast food opposite him even with my Deens list, CPR Certs, Past College, ect... however often get fired due to "Sudden" Changes in his schedule and not enough money to pay most local child care...many want 12 per child x 2= 24.00 an hour for me to work 8-10.00 per hour?

All other careers/jobs worth it have been blocked by his scheduling leaving us painfully stuck with little opportunity. Hes not happy with my no real income. But I don't know what to do otherwise. There is a very, very small option for fast food with a very limited evening schedule but his job works him so hard hes too tired to care for our kids if I'm gone.

He wants me to find a good work from home but after looking at over 200 they all seem like scams, require degrees, specific investments or money to start-Likely scams. Finding real work at home employment has been difficult.

I am using Ebay, Etsy, and all self resources. And trying to get graphic design/blogging? Going? ...Just not sure what can pick up. We were going to create and monitize an children education channel on youtube but new stricter rules and new view requirements put being able to apply for monitization at 1year? or so ...

Selling hairbows at farmers markets and outdoor fleamarkets only works in good weather and is seasonal.

I think opening a very high quality private childcare with free art lessons and homework tutoring in a christian home sounds like our best option. Was trying mobile dog grooming for the elderly and schedule limited but it too left the children's tired dad caring for out kids while I was away.

We have an amazing toy room too as we were reselling toys and often had to buy them in lots, 2 bouncers, 1 baby swing, 1 vibrating infant chair, 1 Pack and play. Had more bassanets and such but I buy and resell items underpriced at yerdsales currently on a phone app called letgo.

I just want one thing to do and focus on. With some kind of predictable pay to help my kids. [Develop Friendships][Have more funds for School activities they do][Afford a Small cheap family vacation and Emergency Fund] Like a Trip to the Zoo. Once a Year.

Would make everyone much happier. and we could help someone in the process