View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:11 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Myst_Seattle:
An alternative option is to have a fee to skip the waiting list. So for say $5000 you'd get to be the first family to get offered a spot.
Isn't that kind of how all those parents got in trouble with getting their kids into college?

So basically parents can buy their way to the front of the line? That's really sad.

Originally Posted by Myst_Seattle:
Got it. So essentially daycares are trying to avoid being accused of unethical behaviour and thus losing clients in the long term. Otherwise everyone would maximize their prices or charge fees to skip the waitlist. This pretty much answers my original question.
Daycares (in general) aren't trying to avoid being accused of unethical behavior....they simply aren't unethical. period. The provider that is all business and nothing but business is few and far between. 99% of providers care MORE about their clients than they do about the income.

Haven't you read the venting thread here?

If not, I suggest you do. Almost every single post involves a provider trying to help a child/family and not wanting to term them for fear of failing them. If it was all about the money and only the money kids would be termed every time some one else came along and offered a $1 more a day for the spot.

Lastly you never answered my question about how waitlists actually work..... Waitlists are not first on the list gets the spot like most places. Wait lists that operate that way might benefit from your theory but in reality it's BEST fit gets the open spot. So the Smith family might only spend 3 days on a wait list before getting a spot even though the Jones family has been on the list for 3 years.

No matter how much money the Jones family pays if they aren't a good fit, they aren't going to be first pick.