Thread: No Connection
View Single Post
Annalee 10:06 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
Does anyone else feel like they don't "connect" with their kids? I have 2 that I enjoy and am excited to see in the morning, but I have no emotion for the rest of them. I feel like a terrible provider. Even the ones who I enjoy, if they didn't return tomorrow, I wouldn't miss them.

A provider a few miles away will have sleep overs, have kids over in the evening to help plant her garden, will take them shopping on a Saturday, etc. I have NO desire to do anything like that.

Am I the only one? Maybe I'm in the wrong profession?
I'm a long-timer in FCC so in the beginning,I did offer twice a year after-daycare events, usually a cookout or pizza and homemade ice cream for families in my care. But now to meet the QRIS requirements on this, I offer something during the day so when my day is over, it is completely over with no daycare expectation from clients. This works better for me as even though I "offer" most don't attend during the day....and works for them because they are too busy or not interested in my QRIS report card anyway.

When I first began this way of thinking, I felt guilty, too, but the guilt is long gone now

I just want to do daycare and be with my own family and doing what makes me happy!

My child care program is a business....simply a business!