View Single Post
Abigail 07:17 PM 12-14-2010
I find it easier to charge less per child and give each child their own rate. Don't offer a percentage off a child, especially if your rates are not the same for all ages because you said the little one is in diapers so you might charge more now meaning you'll get even less when that child reaches your discounted age bracket.

OK, just realized you said you charge $105 a week per child. If you are low in the area anyways, then you know that she can't find care much cheaper. She does have perfect hours that match and if she does enroll then later wants to find a cheaper place she probably won't be able to and you'll have her hooked. LOL. I would offer her $90 per child per week and ask if she can help any other way that would be great, but don't have it in your contract that she'll bring you things because it looks bad. I'm not sure if she meant she was bringing you lunch or the kids, but you should have that she provides lunches if she is wanting to do that. If she does like you and spreads the word of mouth, you will probably get more who want the $90 a week, but you can always take others at $100 a week and if they ask tell them your rates went up and she already signed her contract. LOL