View Single Post
Cat Herder 08:06 AM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by KDC:
Hi I have 2 questions that I'm hoping you ladies can help with.

1. I have a DCG that I've had since she was 6 months, she is now 8 and in 2nd grade. We live in a cul-de-sac and I watch DCG-8 and other neighbor DCG-6 before school for about an hour. The two of them were planning a play date at DCG's lake house and was very snotty towards my kids (also age 8&6). My son who isn't phased by much told me 'he hates that I do daycare', because of feeling left out. I first video'd the naughty kids behavior (DCG can act sweet as pie, then lie and parents do not always believe an adult because thier sweetie pie wouldn't lie, ever!) then I simply said they needed to have this conversation another time because it was rude, she argued, I asked how she would feel in my kids position, she continued to whisper in which I told her I would be having a conversation with her parents, she snidely rolled her eyes until I told her I had her on video, where her eyes bugged out Today her father texted and let me know she wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be here before school. Should I bring it up with parents, or leave it be? Kids will be kids, but my blood was boiling at the disrespect. I haven't seen that behavior since she was three... she waited for me to turn around back then!

2. I have a DCB who just turned two. Mom dropped him off this morning saying he woke up at 4 am today and he may be tired so I may have to put him down early this morning. My issue... Nap is at 1 and she knows this, I do not just willy nilly put kids down to nap. He's a total nightmare so far this morning. How does anyone else deal with this? He may just pass out on the floor, then not make the transfer and fight me at 1 for a nap. Do I just deal? WWYD? They're always so inconsistent, drives me mad.
1. IMHO. Take what you want, leave the rest, not intended to sound harsh.

** This situation is not going to get better. In your shoes I'd go ahead and end the daycare relationship. It has already affected your child's friendships, your relationship with your neighbors and could become a bigger issue at the public school playground. (the video taping could also come back to bite you legally if you did not have permission. )

2. I would have laid him down for an hour when he first arrived. I do it anytime I forsee them being too groggy to eat, play and participate well due to an occasional rough night. Nightmares can be pretty common at this age.

I hope next week goes better for you!!!