View Single Post
KDC 08:21 AM 01-31-2014
Yep... I am certainly feeling the relationships suffer as a result of doing daycare. What used to be a friendly convenient way to help has become somewhat of a tricky situation. I feel bad because they are neighbors and we spend so much time with them in the summer just based almost purely on location. As the kids grow and have different interests it's all changing. I've learned to not talk behind anyones back, especially in the cul-de-sac circle. No matter how tempting, you can't do it - it will bite you in the a$$. It's a shame the others haven't learned this yet. The kids are learning from the parents and it's a shame. This will be my last year for taking on SA's. It's too difficult of a relationship to manage.

I do have a waiver that everyone signs for video/pictures because I typically use the footage for a DVD for x-mas for all the families. It also covers any of the pictures I use for my website or daycare Facebook.

I have low attrition rate because I always try to work out the issues, even when I should probably give up. The kids have formed relationships and we've become a little family. It's helpful to hear you put them down for an hour and that typically resolves the issue. I can try that and see if it works. In my head he screams as soon as I put him to bed. Can't be any worse than him screaming his head around everyone else!