View Single Post
MissAnn 09:32 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by mac60:
I have a 3 1/2 yr old, very defiant, doesn't listen. Time outs do nothing.

Thursday, he threw his sandwich in the trash at lunch. I found out when his mom picked up and he told her. I heard him say it to her, and I said you "What??". "We don't throw food in the trash, ever." Mom said nothing.

Today, I made homemade beef n noodles over mashed potatoes and corn. He ate the corn. I told him a couple times to quite messing around and eat. I stepped out of the kitchen into the dining room, heard the trash can close, he was now in the daycare room. I looked at the table, no plate, opened the trash lid and he had thrown the food/plate/silverware in the trash can and got up and went to play. OMG, I am peed off. You don't do that Ever. I had this conversation with him about throwing food in the trash on Friday morning after the incident on Thursday, explaining we don't do that ever. He is old enough to know better and to understand that we don't do that ever.

This behavior is not acceptable. I will be telling the mom, I am sure she won't have much to say.
I bought a dishpan and when all the kids are done....I send the dishpan down the table. They put their dishes in. I can then throw away what I want in the garbage and then put what I want in the compost. My kids used to throw dishes and silverware away all the time! Even when I bought nice sectioned trays...they threw them away! This solved it all for me.