View Single Post
PitterPatter 12:01 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I would discuss this with mom at a point other than pickup. Too much going on for her to even process what you're talking about. I'd then make some rules and let her know that if the behavior didn't improve within a certain time frame he'd be kicked out. OR like Blackcat said you'll start charging for broken toys.

Time outs do very little to curb poor behavior. It works to remove and calm down but isn't a teaching tool. Also talking to him about his behavior more than 15 minutes after it happened is pointless. He has no idea what you're talking about! Somehow this behavior is rewarding for him and you need to find out why. It sounds to me like boredom. Is he challenged at your daycare? Do you involve him in the set up of activities and things like that. Maybe more responsibility will help him. Just throwing out ideas because it's hard to know without being in the situation myself.
He is challenged, I keep the kids very busy, boredom is not the prob. This usually comes from nowhere. I keep my eye on him extra because Iknow what he can and will do. The items on my porch is when he was leaving just reached up and ripped the windsock off. The bird they arrived early and just started throwing stuff off the railing. The toys usually when he can't have it he gets mad and yanks, grabs, shoves, throws toys. He also has broken just to break. I told him something didint bend that way and he forced it anyway. I first started with the nicey nice no no we dont break things. Then I would just take the toy out of play.... now I have been sitting him down. I will tell DCM she will have to start paying. I do have it in my contract but never enforce it. They are always pleading poverty so I know I wont get it.

Thanks for the thoughts and help!!