View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 05:57 AM 02-02-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
The first two call outs I was annoyed but sympathetic. That has quickly faded into replacement. I have a few interviews lined up.
I had cancer while pregnant with my 3 year old and only called off work once. I had to have a Hemmoroid removed and couldn't sit down.( office job and was 8 months pregnant so couldn't stand the whole time) I still worked from home. I went back to work 4 days after she was born and 2 weeks back after my cancer surgery. I have tried to explain these things and yet it is somehow lost on the fact she has a Drs note making it ok. I could walk into an urgent care right now and get a Drs note saying I need rest today, doesn't mean it is valid excuse not to work!
I plan to interview and replace asap.
Wow, with a work history like that, it’s a wonder you let her stay as long as you did. You’ve worked through what most never could tolerate and she can’t make it through a full week. I think you’ll be so much happier once you have an assistant that actually wants to work.

I don’t know if your state allows it, but I’ve had jobs before where when first started it was on a 90 day trial basis and meant that if during that 90 days I was underperforming, my employer could simply let me go and I wouldn’t be able to claim unemployment benefits because I was not an official employee yet. If I passed my 90 days I would then officially be considered a hired employee. Really helped to weed out the people who just wanted to get let go so they could get unemployment checks.