View Single Post
Country Kids 11:17 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My state was like yours until recently. The change has ensured that we can no longer even find subs for our daycares. Has it benefited parents? My clients don't feel that it has. Rather than having a sub pop in for 2 hours while I go to the dentist, parents now have to take an afternoon of vacation from work every time I have an appointment or they have to find another childcare for their child for an entire afternoon or day because I had to spend an hour at the dentist.

Parents are FRUSTRATED at this new regulation because it has taken the power away from them and from me in choosing a sub and the parents choosing who cares for their children, and is requiring them to spend more money, more vacation time, and more of their personal time arranging care for their children when they used to have a trusted, SAHM (whom their kids had a relationship with already) who cared for their kids in my absence.

The regs are getting out of control. There really is no reason for a sub to spend 10 hours on training to spend an hour with my kids. It used to be a CPR/FIRST AID card and a background check were all that were needed. Now, it's a hassle that no one is willing to deal with.
I have had to find a dentist that was open on Saturday's so I'm not having to close as our regs recently changed also. I usually only go to the doctor once a year and eye doctor so I try and schedule those both on the same day before leaving for my vacation.