View Single Post
E Daycare 03:13 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I would call your licensing and ask what you need to do in order to administer a nebulizer treatment. (I had this as a child because I was born with asthma. Also had to take it during elementary school in the nurse's office too.) If it is considered medication, does your handbook have anything about you NOT giving any forms of medications? Mine does with a parent consent and they must fill out a form. If you don't though, I would ask if you are required to give the treatment when you call.

If you just had everyone turn in a new contract today, I wouldn't want to have them sign another one. Did you raise your rates too? If you are going to term down the road, I would wait a bit as you are advertising and let others know you might have a spot opening soon. Then, term once you have documentation of one more late pickup or early drop off or late payment. You obviously have records of these from the past, if not, create them.

I wish you the best of luck. You should also ask the mom for the dr's name and number because you "have a few questions to ask him" that you will not share with the mom because.....you will call and mention you are the child's provider and want to know if they really get reimbursed for daycare costs and when or whatever other questions you may have.

Also, if you honestly feel you cannot provide the proper care this child now requires, that is okay to term with that being said and a two week notice. I read it somewhere and it is NOT discrimination. It's honesty and caring and if you're unable to provide the proper care for this child's newly aquired needs then it is best to let them know. You could even try it for a week or two and then decide.
Im not licensed so I dont really know what to do with that lol.

I wouldnt be asking for more (persay) as I charge all the others in my care MORE but because they argued they couldnt afford the $175.00 so I charge $150.00 and now they come 4 days a week its down to $120.00. I normally charge daily of $35.00 and only get the $30.00 a day from them. With the constant crap I get from this family this was my last straw. And since now the state would be paying wouldnt they be able to afford my regular rate? Or is it just bad that since I have to do added care the extra 5$ a day just seems too harsh?

Today the dcg stayed 45min late because the parent insisted on bringing her here during the ice storm and the dcm ran into a ditch. My husband had to walk dcg down the driveway in her pumpkin seat and there was no base in the car he put her in and they drove away unsecured. I keep a complete log notebook on this dcg of every day happenings because this is just insane to me. Shes the reason why I started logging all my kids.

I didnt raise my rates, kept them the same because they are pretty "up there" I think to begin with and its a lot to get the 30$ a day I can get from some people.

The medication fee is a good idea. I like it but right now they are getting to not be worth my time, effort, and stress. Today was it for me.

Thanks for all the input guys!! You cant cover your butts too much in this job.