View Single Post
Thriftylady 10:27 AM 02-08-2016
I posted about my preschooler who seems not to be learning well. I still think he has some issues, but I have had some success with him! He will be 5 next month, so I am thrilled to be seeing success.

He now knows all the letters in his name. He only knows the capitols, but hey it is preschool learning right? We made great progress with this over the last week or so by doing some sensory letters. I cut letters out of clear contact paper, and gave him small pieces of tissue paper to make suncatchers of the letters in his name. We did one letter each day. He also can now name them on our letter flash cards! He didn't do so well today with all of them picking them out of the letter magnets. But small strokes I guess.

So now I need some help. I need to come up with more hands on sensory ways to help him with more letters. I did pick up some little bags of colored sand at dollar tree and I am trying to figure a way to use that. Maybe cut out paper letters and let him spread glue and put sand on them? I don't know. Do all of you have any great sensory ideas to do letters?