View Single Post
Heidi 08:09 AM 01-12-2012
Honestly, would have termed the whole lot of them long ago, but I have not gotten a single call since October, and I don't have that luxury. Wisconsin is going through some major changes with childcare, and until it equilizes out, it will be tricky to keep going.

Mom has been working on being more firm at home, I know. In fact, I complimented her just yesterday that her following through at home has made a big difference here. That's how it always works, right? Just when you say somethig nice...

I really wanted to hear how other people would have handled it. I ended up pinning her onto my lap and putting her shoes on (mom was taking other 3 to car). She screamed & kicked the whole time. I remained as calm as possible, and just said "the daycare is closed now" to the child (mom could hear me and chuckled). I half carried/half walked her to the car (no coat, it wasn't worth it and it wasn't that cold), as she kicked and screamed. Mom is just SO hard to read, I can never figure out what she's thinking. I have asked her before in other situations (the oldest boy behaves similarly, but throws things vs. hitting me). I hear a lot of "well, he has NO problems at school"...sort of suprised sounding about that (she knows he has issues at home & here). WIth the daughter, who is petite and "sweet", she doesn't say much of anything. I can tell by her body language that she feels bad whenever her children are upset (even if they're being manipulative).

As for stickers as someone suggested, I really, really could not justify using a sticker in a situation like this. It would seem like a bribe, and would not work, anyway. "hey, if you stop having a fit, I will give you a sticker?"