View Single Post
morgan24 06:17 AM 01-25-2012
I'm sorry your having a rough time. I think Jan. and Feb. are hard months sometimes. The weather isn't always good and they can't get out and get rid of some energy.

What I do when I have a group who is like this I put them all in boot camp. Plan on spending most of your energy on every time they run, hit, or break a rule, they sit in a chair, when they get out I let them know they will set down again if they break a rule. Sit them down and make the rules clear to them everyday. Remove most of the toys. I would leave out blocks and a few other things. Then I let the kids that go by the rules play with special toys. I have a doll house they love and if they go by the rules they get a turn at it, usually 2 at a time. I also don't use words like walking feet, I say in a loud semi mean voice, no running. Using words like walking feet is to nice for me.

As for the parents and the sickness, I'm dead on blunt. They bring a kid who gets a fever later, I send them home. Sickness is a hard part of daycare and I make it clear if they keep it up they will be let go. The same thing with breaking food rules or anything else, I call them out on it right to their face to make sure that they understand.

I really don't have any suggestions for babies. I don't take a lot of babies anymore.
Hang in there it will get better.