View Single Post
TGT09 03:31 PM 02-18-2010
I think it's a great idea that every time he yells that you send him to another room....I saw on another post that someone mentioned screaming and they would tell the child if you have the urge to scream then he/she has to do it into a pillow....you could have a screaming pillow (if anything for the other room so you don't have to listen to it and that is if you really think he would use it) I do agree with his Mom though that consequences should also be at home so priveledges should be taken away there as well....there is only so much we can do as providers that will make the kids listen.

Our school district here gives colors every day. Green is if they did everything good for the day. Yellow is when they get 1 warning and Red is for 2 warnings and blue is if they go to the principal's office. I have often thought about doing that here at my daycare because I believe that parents should be informed that their child got in trouble. You could set up a similar system, maybe a little different as I know both of my two year olds would go up with Red every day! :-) However, even at school the parent has to sign a form every single day to see what color their child got that day. You could even go as far to do that so the Mother could see how the day has went.