Thread: Playing
View Single Post
SilverSabre25 02:00 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a group of boys all 3 and 4 who are really into playing cars and pretend play, they play very well together until another DCB age 21 months always disrupts them- knocking things down, taking their toys away or hitting them. I try to engage him in other ways but he always wants what they have. I feel like they never get time to engage in their playing cause we are constantly having to redirect the little one. Any ideas?
If you have a play yard or superyard or something, I would try gating the bigger boys into their own little area to play. Also, make sure that the younger boy has some cars of his own to play with in a different area. I'm sure he really wants to play with his friends, but just isn't going to be able to meet them on their developmental level. I have this problem all the time with my 3.5 yo DD and...well, all the other dcks, because they are younger than she is and no where near where she is, play-wise. I do think it's entirely appropriate to protect the bigger kids' play from the littler one/s.