View Single Post
BumbleBee 03:13 PM 08-23-2013
"The provider will provide meals/snacks at no seperate charge to all children enrolled in the daycare home and not require the parent/guardian to provide any part of the meal service."

I have 1 child whose parents do not want their child on the food program for moral reasons (don't want the government paying for their child) so I asked them to supply their childs meals/snacks each day.

2 days a week I keep a sibling set an hour after closing (until 7pm). I do not and have never served dinner. I gave the parents 2 choices, bring their dinner OR pay a fee and I will supply dinner.

I'm reading it as: I can't charge them more to cover the additional meal OR ask their parents to supply. What I've been doing is giving parents 2 choices: enroll your child in the food program, or bring your own food. This isn't okay either? Am I understanding that right? I asked my sponsor when she was here and she said they can supply meals if they want to, but I can't require it-even if they don't enroll. So basically I'm losing money if they won't bring food AND won't enroll in the fp? Ugh...I'm annoyed can you tell?