View Single Post
mac60 03:25 AM 09-30-2009
So sorry you had to go thru that Former Teacher. I have a friend, her husbands brother and wife are fostering 3 children, ages 2,3, and 4, they have had the kids for over a year now. They have been handed back to the mother several times over the past couple years because mom claims she has it together and can take care of them, only to be put back into the system again. The couple have started the paperwork to adopt them, but, the kids are still going on weekly unsupervised visits to their real mom. My friend says the kids are so mixed up and confused, they still go to mommies, are being told they are going to have a new mom and dad, and the saga goes on.

While I do agree that sometimes a mom/dad/or couple, just has hard times and needs a chance to get things sorted out. Just how many times does a young child have to be drug in and out of the system and at such a young age that they don't really understand. I guess my point is the system is so screwed up, whether it is fostering children, adoption, daycare regs, etc. What is the problem.......?????? The one thing in common they all have is the Government, whether it is state, federal, or local. Thanks for letting me vent too.

So, Former Teacher, were you and your husband ever able to adopt?