View Single Post
crazydaycarelady 11:09 AM 10-12-2012
My goal with this child is to teach him how to function in the world, not remove every temptation from him. The world was not designed to accomodate his bad behavior so he will need to learn what is apporpriate. He needs to know that it is inappropriate to take the sign in/out sheet out of the folder holder on the wall and ruin it. He needs to know that toilet paper should remain on the roll. He needs to be told "no" so that he will not eat crayons.

I shadow him 10 hours a day but since I have other children here sometimes there are moments when I cannot be by his side monitoring his every movement. It is completely unreasonable for him to have free-roam all day.

I am exploring my options with this child, but I am not putting him in unsafe places once he gets out of them. What if a child is in a booster seat eating and the state came in, would that be confinement? When I was a child all moms had a play pen and it was not looked down on to put a child in one. Of course this child would leap right out of one anyway but it wouldn't have been frowned on to try. LOL