Thread: Food Program
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 08:31 AM 07-27-2010
When I had infants and was on the food program i told the families that I used Kirkland brand formula. You get it from Costco. None of my parents ever wanted to use it and always either wanted Similac or Infamil so it was never an issue and I never had to buy it. I really don't think that you'll have an issue with it even now if you decided not to tell them but if you want to tell them (this same thing happened to me) just say exactly what you just told us "I havn't had an infant on the food program in so long that I had forgotten how it goes. I can offer Kirkland formula from Costco and if you decide to you use another brand then you can supply it". Easy as pie.

The only bad thing is that if they decide to switch or already use it then you'd have to supply it but believe me it's ALOT cheaper that buying similac or enfamil. The negative is that you have to buy it in a 6 pack case for about $100 at a time but they're large cans (36oz) vs. buying a 6 pack of Enfamil from Target for $85 for smaller cans (12oz) or pay even more if you buy each can seperately (even buying the kirkland case at costco is cheaper than buying a case of large cans Enfamil from costco or buying each large can seperately from somewhere else . These are our prices in southern CA so it could be different in your area.

P.S. My food program rep. recommended this brand and as far as I know they all did (in my area) so you coulod say that this is the recommended brand. That way they don't feel like you chose this brand because they use something else. You can also tell them the truth and just say that you choose Kirkland (or whatever cheaper brand) because it's less expensive and the food program doesn't pay for all of it, only reimburses for part of it so you have to keep costs low in order to keep rates low.