View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:08 AM 02-28-2019
I completely agree with all the replies!! You can be as breast-feeding friendly as you want but that does NOT give dcm the right to stay beyond her contracted hours. If she wants or needs to do that then she either has to leave work earlier to compensate for that needed nursing or as a PP, agree to overtime rates being charged. If she cannot do either, then why should YOU give up your time??
I had a dcm that used to plop herself down at 4:30 on my couch, to nurse her twins, who were certainly old enough to wait for the 5 minute ride home, plus they'd been eating regular kid food all day(they were about 18 mo at that time). And you know what happens when a parent is around, with all the other dcks? Plus it was pick up time and located right in my front room. She simply had a hard time ever saying no to her children.

Yeh, I'd be changing that very quickly with your dcm, to your benefit and she will work out the details for herself!! Do not be afraid to speak up or she will continue to take advantage. And please consider yourself still breast-feeding friendly, just by your own rules and not hers; nothing wrong with that!!