View Single Post
jenboo 09:49 AM 01-20-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
He is developmentally more like a 3. Just getting potty trained, expressive language is closer to his real age, but I strongly feel his receptive language is delayed. He can't follow a 2 step direction, and often has difficulty with a 1 step direction. He is diagnosed as ADHD, which I disagree with. There is a definite delay in gross and fine motor, social and self help skills. There are sensory issues as well. Because of this, I treat him as a young 3 and group him with the 2's and 3's and not my 4's during activities. His parents have noticed this, which is a whole different thread and I'll save you my rant on their assessment of his skills.

He is starting to say off the wall, impossible to be true things. It happened once in fall... he said dcb took him behind the playhouse and waved his (private part word) at him. 1. We were all playing kickball together. 2. There is no behind my playhouse, it's pushed right up against the fence to prevent blind spots in my supervision. 3. The dcb in question was in my eye sight the entire time we were outside. I emailed his mother about it, and addressed it with dcb. Difference between truth/lie, etc.

Now he is saying that certain kids are hitting him. Last week, out of NOWHERE he walked up to a child's parent at pickup time and said "E smacked me in the face today really hard!" the parent looked HORRIFIED as E is seriously the SWEETEST child in the world and has NEVER been physical. I said no, of course not. Discussed lying with dcb. Emailed parent. Parent wanted to know if it was possible and I had not seen it. Not really. I have a video monitor for when I plate lunch and potty, and dcb is VERY VERY fair, he marks up easily and is a screamer at the slightest injury.

Now it's different stories all the time, he is literally spinning tales all day. Today at circle during his share time, he shared that a ghost came into his house and cut his Dad's head off with a knife. I stopped the story there. His share time was over. He is lying CONSTANTLY about EVERYTHING. I didn't give him breakfast, C is spitting at him, D said a bad word, E is taking his toys. Of course, I'm watching for these things, and none of it is happening. I just emailed Mom again. I don't think he REALLY understands that what he is doing it wrong. He acts like a YOUNG 3. Of course, all it takes is ONE false allegation to make my life you-know-what.

Term? work with parents? There are other issues with both child and parent, but both have been workable thus far.
Definitely term. I wouldn't want the liability of this kid. Next time it's going to be touching his private parts or slapping him.