Thread: State Pay
View Single Post
nannyde 08:54 AM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do you charge your state pay parents as much as your private pay parents, or do you charge what the state will pay you?

I do not have any state parents right now but was wanting to possible look at changing my rates so I pulled up the rates for state pay clients and WOW! If I were to go on their rates I would lose money big, big time. Most of my parents still pay now more than what the state would be will to pay and I charge an hourly rate.

For my area a full-time infant is $455 a month

Toddler=$450

Preschooler=$425

When I figured up some of these full time amounts by the hours you were making less than $2.00 an hour!!!!!!!! No wonder parents don't want to pay what you are wanting to charge if they know some people are getting it for that low even if it isn't coming out of their pocket.

I'm reallly going to have to go back to the drawing board on this!
I don't take state paid. The salary in Iowa SUCKS. It's like 120 for an infant. My lowest rate is 140 for the early departure kids.

So your infants are at about 104 a week and the preK kids are at 99 a week. If they are fifty hour weeks that's about two dollars an hour.

What is the going rate at your centers? I think I was at two dollars an hour about ten years ago or so. I couldn't stay in business with the two dollar an hour... it's too expensive to live here and make a profit at that.

Is the cost of living really low where you live?