View Single Post
Unregistered 04:22 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Would you do us the favor and actually DO the research?

Start here:

Perpetrator Relationship
Victim data were analyzed by relationship of (duplicate count) victims to their perpetrators. Four-fifths (81.2%) of victims were maltreated by a parent either acting alone or with someone else. Nearly two-fifths (36.8%) of victims were maltreated by their mother acting alone. One-fifth (19.0%) of victims were maltreated by their father acting alone. One-fifth (18.9%) of victims were maltreated by both parents. Thirteen percent (12.8%) of victims were maltreated by a perpetrator who was not a parent of the child. (See exhibit 3–H and related notes.)

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default...11.pdf#page=80

Read the entire thing if you are TRULY concerned about the children. Pay special attention to the data regarding who actually injures and kills children. You will see study after study that child care providers are a mere blip on the radar.

Exhibit 3–H Victims by Perpetrator Relationship, 2011 (duplicate count)
Perpetrator Relationship
Relationship # PERCENTAGE

Mother 253,107 36.8

Father 130,670 19.0

Mother and Father 129,793 18.9

Mother and Other 38,927 5.7

Partner of Parent (Male) 16,734 2.4

Relative (Male) 19,905 2.8

Child Daycare Provider 2,474 0.4

You will find appalling crimes committed on a daily basis because nobody is watching the parents.

Start with cameras at home... then we will agree with your premise.

You imply that I have not done my research, thanks for that. But you seem to miss the point. I am only interested in the in-home daycare problem. To redirect me to peoples homes, where most of the abuse takes place is an odd argument for not doing what I am go to do. Because the number or percentage is small relative to actual parental abuse, does that mean that nothing should be done? Perhaps you should tell that to the family that had their kids hurt or worse at the hands of their provider. I had a good friends child died an in-daycare. I have seen what it does to a family, on both sides.

But thank you for posting some research. I really to appreciate it.