View Single Post
COgirl 01:47 PM 08-08-2019
Thank you! It is actually a military base facility for military families. This specific facility is only for school age however within this branch, there are facilities for younger children as well. An employee at the younger child daycare also told me about the specific mean coworker of mine and how she was fired from their facility. Not sure how she got into ours (she is the one who yells at them the most).

The odd thing is that she is friends with the parents on facebook. No one seems to complain about her besides the younger child day care employees (trainer, front desk staff, etc.). However, I have noticed her switch her tone of voice when parents walk in, it becomes more bubbly and friendly-uses a lot more positive guidance language.

The other coworkers seem to follow her and act like her, maybe they are afraid?

Since I have not heard any complaints, it made me question my concerns as everyone seems to like her. I thought maybe I am overreacting and these are typical tones of voice in daycare facilities. The only comments I hear from the kids are that she's strict or sometimes "not nice".

I did find in the handbook that personal photos of the children are not permitted at all, so as much as I don't want to tattle, this isn't appropriate at all.

I am nervous to report because I don't want to put a target on my back as the community we are in is small. But I can't let these concerns slide especially when it comes to children.

I decided to put in my notice because this has been an emotional toll in my personal life as well and since everyone seems to accept their teaching and guidance techniques, I can't see our director letting these coworkers go.