View Single Post
Snowmom 07:52 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Who is “we”?
Agree- who is "we"?

Unregistered:
"Cameras cannot be used to monitor children while in other areas of the home or center"
Yes, they can. It's called a baby monitor and approved here as long as in-person checks are regularly performed.

"You also absolutely have to give access to state inspectors/ attendees. Or we can revoke your license and/or fine you."
Show me that legislation. This is not in any of my state's licensing verbiage that I've seen.
The only thing my licensing department wants from me is for me to ACKNOWLEDGE to my clients that I have their permission to take their child's pictures/images while they are here (this is to protect ME). The licensing department touches my RING doorbell to notify me every time they come, they see my iPad mounted on the wall of my playroom which shows camera footage of my property... they have never said a word to me or required me to sign off on anything stating what you are referring to. And believe me, I'd be all over my rights with that. I love the law and am also well versed in what freedoms I have.
Now, law enforcement can seize video if they have a warrant or a legitimate reason to believe a crime has been committed. Last time I checked, a licensor was not given the authority to act as police.

"Any employees must be aware / contracts must state the presence as well."
This is not neccesarily true either. While yes, there is a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in the workplace, it is dependent on the job, the environment and if cameras are in plain view. Even if hidden cameras are used, many employers can deem them necessary to prove illegal activity in the workplace.

Most states are a "one-party consent" in regards to video surveillance.

**Not to say that ethically, any of us wouldn't want to help with a crime if we could OR clear our name if accused of a crime and we could provide proof otherwise.
Video can help us in proving the "burden of proof" in a court of law, therefore cancel out any/all fines imposed by the commissioner.