View Single Post
e.j. 09:30 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
One of my DCM's called yesterday and said her oldest child was needing to be picked up from school because someone in the child's class tested positive for COVID-19.

No symptoms from my understanding and no idea why they were even tested but they sent the entire class home and aren't allowing them to return for 2 weeks.

Odd thing is IMHO, they only sent that child's class home, NOT the other classes. It's a K- 5th grade school with 3+ classrooms for each grade level but ONLY this child's class is being quarantined/excluded none of the other grades or classrooms.

Thankfully my DCM is super proactive and is bringing her youngest who attend daycare here in to be tested before returning here. I appreciate that she understands the risks and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep peace of mind for everyone.

I think it helps that she is also a small business owner herself and does NOT want to have to shut down her business any more than I do.
Hopefully, her older child will be ok and your dc child will test negative. How are YOU feeling about the news?

I know in our case, the board of health nurse only wanted the names of kids/parents who were in close contact with the child who tested positive. Close contact was defined as having spent more than 15 minutes with and less than 6' from the child. They also had to be in my care with the child during the 2 days prior to the child showing symptoms. They must have determined that the student in other classes didn't meet the criteria for being in close contact. Even though the child who tested positive was in my home, I'm the only one in my family who had contact with him so while I have to quarantine, my family members don't have to unless I come down with symptoms.