View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:09 AM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I wish, as a business, those affected (kids or staff) could be tested and move on with the business if the test is negative rather than a mandated 14-24 day shutdown due to close contact depending on the situation.

The testing might close our business 1-4 days max, but at least that is tolerable....then the covid-positive child or staff could stay home 10-14 days depending on the situation.

I am in hopes this happens soon and I'm "feeling" it will which will loosen up some "hardships" placed on business especially daycares/schools.

Plus, I feel there is no conclusive way to determine the spread as it can be sporadic at times.

Also, I'm tired of living in fear of losing my livelihood....not afraid of dying (don't wanna get it) but am not afraid of dying and it has no relation to me not having faith as I would not stand in the road and expect a car not to hit me....but I will continue to mask as needed and other measures to fight germs.

Just my thoughts as I watched some politics today and I feel it is coming to what I'm hoping for.

So tired of worrying about someone in my own family or a daycare kid getting covid and me having to shut down.

I'm rambling with my feelings/thoughts tonight but needed to get it out.
I totally hear what your are saying!

I am not scared of dying or any of that... I am scared for the mental health of my family and myself.
I am worried about some idiot not caring and passing it to my DH. Or some parent sending their kid not caring about others causing me to have to close etc...

I feel like we (general we as providers) are trying to do the best we can and yet so many parents still only care about themselves and if they'll continue having care.

I have a family that is concerned their child might get it since the parents in one of my DC families has it yet the worried parent has no issues traveling outside our community or enrolling their child in every extra curricular activity available right now. They want to point the finger to others but take zero responsibility themselves.

You know...normal selfish parent behaviors...guess even COVID isn't enough to make them step back and ask what they can do to be part of the solution instead part of the blame train.

Catastrophes, pandemics etc... these are times in which people should come together and work together for the betterment of ALL people but the same entitled selfish behavior is so evident in so many that it's sad....

....and like always, those that care and are concerned get the short end of it all.

So I hear your rambling thoughts Annalee and am right there with you!!!