Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Rockgirl 02:09 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I hear what you’re saying, just letting you know you’re not alone. Probably best to not argue. People will only believe what they want to believe and there is so much misinformation that looks valid that it’s just making people take sides. They won’t budge and it’s a waste of your energy.

I’ve been on here a long time and I think you must be relatively new since I don’t recognize your name but then again I’m not on much anymore. This site and some members can sometimes project a “mean girl” or “holier than thou” vibe in posts but I always hope that is just in things not coming through correctly since people are typing and not speaking. If it is an actual “mean girl” thing happening I would have to laugh and ask “really?”. We are supposed to be adults, care providers and professionals. If people are always agreeing with you on an online forum and that makes you think you have any reason to puff out your chest you might want to find a hobby and real-life friends.

The negative feeling has become worse on this forum with the differing views on the virus, the election and our leaders role in the spread of the virus. I wish we could just stick to childcare, the virus and leave out the rest of the crap. I can see baseless opinions all day on my newsfeed and hate running into it here.
I think replying simply with “Wrong” set a negative tone, in the first place. People here seem to be open to hearing others’ views, but coming into the conversation in that manner puts people on the defensive.