View Single Post
Michael 02:54 PM 02-11-2021
I haven't been on the forum much the last two weeks. My mother died 2 Sundays ago and my mother in-law died today.

I missed my mother's passing while flying down to Florida to say goodbye. Likewise, our flight back to Florida for my wife's mother was tomorrow. She likewise passed before we could get to her. They are so many similarities that come to mind in that they passed in the 80's in such short order.

It begs the question, why? But, while their situation seems very similar, there are many differences in what COVID has resulted in this past 12 months. While not trying to make this political, their deaths were very much influenced by politics and COVID. One was a very fearful of the virus, where she isolated herself from personal contact with friends and family. Over time her body and mind atrophied. The other, lived life as though there was no pandemic but wore masks and sanitized if required.

My mother did not have her lung cancer treated and eventually succumbed to her cancer. She was, in the end, COVID-free. My mother in-law had preconditions but had friends and family over for the past year with hardly a restriction. Both her and her husband tested positive for the virus a few weeks ago. Her husband had no symptoms but she came down with double pneumonia and was hospitalized.

Both mothers died within a week from complications. One, from the fear of COVID and the other, because of COVID. In the end it didn't matter who's to blame or how it could have been prevented. Death affects all of those involved no matter the politics.