View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
CDC says to still wear mask and social distance even after being vaccinated. I'm really happy to know after that second dose I don't have to quarantine due to exposure.
Me too but this kind of information is what confuses me...
If we can still carry and spread the virus, wouldn't it make sense to quarantine if exposed? I don't know, I know wearing a mask, social distancing and washing our hands helps a ton I know I'd feel horrible if I spread it to one of my DCK's after I knew I was exposed... know what I mean?

Originally Posted by e.j.:
This is the way I'm looking at it.

My sister got her second shot last week. She had a mild headache, mild fever (99F) with chills and sore arm. She said it lasted about 24 hours and she felt much better after that. She didn't feel the need to take Tylenol after the second shot despite the fact that her symptoms were worse than those from her first shot.
I've heard some people say they felt so bad they thought they were dying... and others say it was tough but not that bad.

I am sure it's different for everyone but personally I am terrified of the fall out from the second dose, not so much for me but for my husband. As a type 1 diabetic, they don't fight off things like regular people. Heck, the stomach flu put him in the ICU for 4 days a few years back.