Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Jupadia 06:00 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Messaged a potential DCM this morning at 8am attempting to confirm that she was still coming for her tour today, like I always do. She read the message and it showed that she read it, but no response- messaged her again at 3pm saying to let me know by 4pm whether or not she still plans on coming at 5:30 or if she would like to reschedule, so that I can let my staff know if they need to stay for the tour or not-- and just got a message from her stating that she is apprehensive about bringing her kids here because she is an ADULT and doesn't need to be reminded of a tour and that messaging her twice was "extremely unnecessary" and ended the message with "Maybe you've had bad experiences with parents in the past, but we aren't all irresponsible. Just food for thought."

Like sure, be annoyed that I'm checking in but if a tour we're scheduling for AFTER HOURS due to covid hasn't confirmed that they're coming, is it really that crazy that I messaged to confirm??? I'm second guessing myself but like, I dont think I'm in the wrong??
I had one last week that no showed at 6pm for their interview. To make sure I called at like 615 to see what was up. Mom thought she should be able to come after 6pm but at any point after 6pm that she wanted. Despite us setting a time for the interview. When I told her I was firm about times because I have my own family she decided not to rebook. For me once she was telling me that my schedule did not matter and she should just be able to come sometime after 6pm I knew that there was ko way this family would work. So I told her jo problem we wont worry about you rebooking. I think she was surprised that I agreed so fast and ended the call. How parents treat you before an interview with the small stuff can tell you a lot about how they will be later.

You double checking after no response to a text trying to confirm an interview is not a real reason to rethink care. She is just trying to be the one to control the situation.