View Single Post
LysesKids 05:21 AM 06-10-2014
I've been watching and reading… I have this in my policies to avoid the exact scenario that is playing out (it has saved my butt from headache clients a few times over the past 10 years)…

CUSTODY ISSUES: This daycare has no legal authority to refuse either parent the right to pick up their child unless a court has granted temporary or permanent custody to one parent or to a third party and I have been furnished with a copy of the order bearing the court's signature. In the case of separated or divorced parents, I will write ONE CONTRACT per family and take payment from the contracting party only; if parents share payments, it's between them on how one parent gets the fees from the other. The following was put in because of problems years ago that I do not want to repeat...

1. ALL custody issues must be resolved outside of the childcare home; this includes paternity cases. If accusations are aimed at me because I refuse to take sides, I will sue the parents for liable and any damages done (this includes slandering my business and false abuse charges called into CPS).
2. Problems between custodial & non-custodial parents or involving me in disputes in anyway will be cause for immediate termination after ONE warning. Non-notice termination fees will apply.
3. I MUST HAVE custody paperwork showing in writing the terms including visitation rights and they may not interfere with my home life or business.
4. Should I be subpoenaed into court to testify, the parent that had subpoena issued will be required to pay IN ADVANCE for ALL lost wages for the days I have to close; this causes a hardship not only for me, but to the other families in care.

NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS
1. Non custodial parent's must call and make an appointment to visit the daycare. The custodial parent must state in writing the terms of the visit and allowable times and it must match court documents. This also applies to phone calls and texting.
2. Non custodial parents that cause problems when picking up their child at the daycare will be permanently barred from the premises. If you show back up, you will be charged with trespassing.
3. Do not call and ask me for information about your child. You will have to obtain this from the custodial parent.
4. Do not call and ask if your child is in care. I am not at liberty to divulge this information to anyone than those authorized on the child's forms. If you want this changed then go through the custodial parent for authorization. I am a daycare provider, not a mediator for custody issues.