View Single Post
Unregistered 04:29 AM 03-26-2011
Originally Posted by DBug:
Let this child go NOW! You, your son, and any other children that come into your home are at risk of getting hurt. And if I was a parent interviewing with you to watch my kids, I would leave the second I saw or heard of this kind of behaviour. It's not fair to you or to your son to keep dcb around.

Kudos for keeping him this long. But honestly, we can't fix them all. Some of them we just have to let go.

As far as money goes, and saving for a vacation -- why not do something simpler and less expensive with your son? We go camping and do day trips to save money, and we pack our own food (usually rolls & cold cuts from the grocery store). As a result, our kids have seen more of our local attractions than alot of their friends

I know that one day, this dc boy will realize what he put you through and will be grateful that you stuck with him this long. But he'll also understand why you had to let him go. And who knows, maybe in a center he'll be able to get the help he needs.

Good luck and be strong!
Thank u! I often wonder if the kids remember anything from time spent with providers when they are young. My son went to head start while I worked as an aide he was 3 and doesnt remember much even though I would talk about the good people there. He continued to school with some of the same kids and doesn't remember them much from those days. Maybe he just has a bad memory.

I take my son as well as the daycare kids on outtings such as the zoo and parks. We are going to the circus Monday and I decided to have a back up (Mom) come in for the 2 yr old DCB. I am afraid he will ruin my sons time at the circus plus I would have to pay for everything for him as usual because his Mom never has money to help pay for his share. I also take my son (just he, my mother, and I) to festivals and just days at the park on weekends in summer. (I stopped doing weekend care a couple yrs ago so we had time alone together) I would love to take him camping but there isn't a place near me that I know of. Maybe we will have to camp out in the back yard this summer. Our vacations are usually just a few days to a bigger city. Our city doesnt have much at all. A couple kids museums that arent very interesting and rather small. We have a couple parks with a playground and boating as well as a very small zoo and that's about it. A couple yrs ago our vacaction was to Pittsburgh PA I rented a Hotel for 3 days and we saw a lot. I took him to 3 museums, Pitt zoo, a science center geared for kids (carnegie science center) he even got to drive an old war amphib vehicle/boat in the river (duckie boat tours). In the evenings we dipped in the hotel pool and had a pillow fight with Gran and just had a ball for 3 days. It only cost me about $600 when we were all done for, food all weekend, hotel, admissions, etc.

Sorry got to reminiscing and rambling there. Thank u all for the help and advise! I lurk here off and on and have come to really respect u all and trust your opinions.