View Single Post
marniewon 02:49 PM 04-05-2011
Okay, so mom read the letter, replied that she doesn't think he should be in a corner every day all day until the end of next week, that he wouldn't understand that kind of punishment and it's not fair to him. She will put them in the new daycare next week with a refund for next week, if that will work for me.

I explained that it's no longer about him and "punishing" him, he won't be in the corner, he'll have toys to play with, but I can't trust him around the others, and need to keep them safe, so he will be separated.

Here's the thing. If I was going to term, it would have been effective today, immediately. I found a solution that will work for me. She doesn't have to like it, and he certainly won't, but it's what I will do. However, if SHE decides she doesn't like it and pulls him, I don't feel like I need to refund her money. Even though I'm closing at the end of next week, the rules still apply - 2 week paid notice when leaving.

The last text I got was her asking if it would be easier on me if she started new daycare next week. I'm not sure what to say. I know if I tell her that I won't refund her money for the week, she won't pull them. I don't want to refund her money, as I counted on it, since I counted on my 2 week paid notice clause. I guess I just don't know how to (nicely) tell her that she can stay or go, but she's not getting a refund.

Like I said, I have a plan in place to keep the other kids safe, so I don't really care if he's here or not one more week. I just don't know how to answer her last question without sounding snippy, mean, uncaring, or whatever.