View Single Post
MsLaura529 10:58 AM 05-28-2013
Just in case anyone else is looking for similar ideas, I'll share what I've come up with so far for "Busy Bugs" weeks, and a little bit of the "Ocean Adventures" planning (oceans isn't as organized yet, as I'm still working on that)...

Busy Bugs

“The Grouchy Ladybug”
Counting Ladybug spots – felt board lady bugs and leaves
The color red (color hunt with fly swatters)
Ladybug Craft – Paper plate lady bug with thumb print spots

“Itsy, Bitsy Spider”
Fingerplay/Song
Paper Plate Spider
Marble Painting Web

“The Very Hungry Caterpillar”
Story-telling printables on popsicle sticks
Marshmallow caterpillars

Bumblebees
Play “Follow the Bee” (follow the leader to flowers/plants)
“5 Buzzy Bumblees” fingerplay
The color yellow (color hunt with fly swatters)

Sensory Bin – Dirt, gummy worms, plastic bugs

Ocean Adventure

“The Rainbow Fish”
Sharing craft
Fishing in the water table (plastic sheets, dowels, rope, magnet, paper clips)

Fish color sorting

Hermit Crab handprint, tissue paper decorated shell

Jellyfish in a water bottle

Crab walking/turtle crawling

Sensory Bin – sand, sea shells, water beads, sea creature, fish tank accessories

Five Little Fishes
(Fingerplay)

For the Teddy Bear's Picnic, we're going to do plastic spoon painting, we're going to do some stuff with Ants, and with different food groups. Then, on the last day, everyone can bring a teddy bear and we'll eat lunch on a picnic blanket outside. We'll also talk about patterns (like a checkered blanket as an example).

And I have a ton of ideas for "Fun on the Farm", I just don't have everything typed out yet, but we'll do Pudding painting on construction paper pigs, making butter, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Old MacDonald (either felt board or story puppets) ... that's just a little bit of it, and then it will tie into the beginning of the school year time when we would start back over on the ABC's, so it will go right into A (apple orchard).