View Single Post
JLH 08:24 PM 03-11-2013
Another option for you to consider would be to open a before/after school only daycare. That would require you to be open for way less hours. You would also have the days free for your son's appointments and the kids would be too big for your son to accidentally hurt. It's just an idea.
Sometimes it's best to just take a break though. Leaving in good status always allows you to come back later and reopen. I did. A few years ago, I got pregnant with twins, was put on bedrest, had just gotten married, and was preparing to move. I had to close. It broke my heart but I knew I needed to be on bedrest and put my family first. I closed, waited until my life settled down and my twins turned 2, and then my hubby and I re-opened as a team. We've been open for just over 6 months now.
The daycare parents took the news very well for me. Most of them said they figured I was going to close with so many changes in my life. I'm sure your daycare parents will understand too. They wouldn't have chosen you if you weren't a good mom and good mom's put their kids first. Hang in there!