Thread: An Odd Question
View Single Post
judytrickett 04:09 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
UGH!! This just gets under my skin and makes me want to scream! Not at you, just the whole situation. It is so true that with all the limitations being put on discipline, we are creating very young, very violent children. Then when they get to school, they get labeled and put on medication (DRUGS!). There is nothing wrong with many of these children (I said many, not all. Obviously some do have legit problems). They are just kids. They merely need to be taught how to control their thoughts, behaviors, and emotions, rather than letting their emotions controlling them. I hate the fact that we took a legitimate social concern (child abuse) to such an extreme that we are now afraid to touch a child for fear of being accused of something. So we have the patients running the asylum. I am not talking about all children, just the ones that have absolutely NO discipline or structure at home, which is a heck of a lot more than I would have ever thought prior to doing daycare. Now the concern is not just about physical abuse, it's about emotional abuse. They are even taking the title of "valedictorian" out of schools because "it might make the others feel inferior". So we are supposed to be so overwhelmingly terrified of hurting a child's feelings, but then put them on drugs to get them to sit still. I can't even express how much worse the "drugs" are than simply putting your foot down and saying NO once in a while. I feel like John Stossel "give me a break". And whatever happened to "Just Say No" to drugs. How can we tell kids to "say no" to drugs WHILE we are pushing pills down there throats? Talk about mixed messages!
LOVE this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!