View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
From reading posts, I am not alone in daycare children acting out when a parent arrives. My problem is the parent when this happens. I have a one year old who knows not to go in the kitchen or in the bedrooms, etc. and when the parent gets here - that's all he tries to do: Go in the pantry and start pulling stuff out, climbing on the couch, trying to open doors, etc. I've had to lock the doors I don't want him in and latch the pantry. The other 5 kids don't try to get in those areas and mind the rules even when their parent gets here. The mom calmly says "Come on. Don't you want to go home" "Let's look at this toy" etc. Never tells him no and in the meantime, I am telling him no, removing him from the room and she sees this. Then she sees the other kids trying to copy her kid and then I have to start disciplining them and they wouldn't otherwise act out. It's like she is completely ignoring his behavior and it's all because if she were to put her foot down he would have a complete meltdown and scream his head off. So, she allows him to do this for about 1/2 hour everyday and it's driving me crazy. It's not like she doesn't know I don't want him too and she sees the extra baby proofing I've had to do just because of him. Why is she so ignorant?
Mom is ignoring his bad behaviors but you are ignoring mom's bad behavior.

Straight up tell her that her the issue. If she can't manage her child you may have to rethink pick up strategies.

For example, have her text you when she is on her way....dress her child and hand him OUT the door the second she arrives.

Don't allow her in the house to start the normal song and dance that's been happening.

It's YOUR house and YOUR business.

You don't have to allow your clients to behave this way.... you just have to do the hard part and tell them as well as enforce it.

Its just as much your responsibility as it is mom's.