View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 11:57 AM 09-13-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I personally think it does a disservice to our whole line of work if we say education simply doesn't matter In this field. A great provider with an education is going to be better than a great provider without hands down, it is just common sense.

The USA just seems so much more on the ball when it comes to this stuff. I get zero benefit from being educated home provider other than the yearly bill of calling myself an ECE and having to devote time to continuous learning. Get this, if I wanted to become licensed they would send an ECE to my home for an inspection. The irony is crazy
I definitely do not discount education as a positive thing, but I feel that a provider with experience is far more beneficial. I just look at education as a bonus, but as a parent, if it came down to a provider with years of actual hands on experience/confidence int heir ability, versus one with a degree who is new to the field, I would probably choose the veteran. There is so much they cannot teach you about many professions, but I think any education is great. It is just not something I look to when deciding on who to provide care for my child.